questions about installing fedora via http

Thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 10:53:39 UTC 2007

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:01:25 +0300, Angelin Lalev wrote:

> I have some questions about installing fedora via http.
>
> 1. After the installation do I still need to use 'yum' to upgrade
> packages as I will need if I install it from CDROM?
[...]

yes.  When I did a clean-install of FC5, I opted for a "minimal" install,
then used yum to install everything else, IIRC.

On FC6 it was more finicky, and kept failing until I just went with the
default configuration (open office, etc).

Once you have a terminal, several yum repo's will be already installed,
enough to get you going.

You can do a http (or ftp) install from the rescue cd, by the way, which
is what I've used so far (that way I have a rescue-cd).

-Thufir