How to access locked files on FC6 from FC2 on same machine

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Sun Apr 29 16:35:17 UTC 2007

I'm usually running FC2, but also have FC5, and FC6 on this machine. I have
access to FC6's / directory from FC2, but some files, /boot/grub/grub.conf
have a darned big padlock on them, so I can't even read them. I try to answer
the odd question from the list, and just being able to post a few lines from
a file is usefull.

Is there some sort of workaround to get access to these padlocked files? After
all I'm not trying to write to them, just copy a few lines to Kmails
composer.

Nigel.