kbd?

Bob Chiodini rchiodin at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 29 23:44:51 UTC 2007

Michael Klinosky wrote:
> Ok, what's kbd?
>
> Like control-center, I see that it's also installed. I tried running
> it, and I looked in /usr/bin.
>
> The Package Manager states "Tools for configuring the console". So,
> how do I access them?

Michael,

It's just what it says...  A set of tools for configuring the console.
There are several utilities in the package.  Unlike control-center, a
single utility for doing many things, kbd is many things for doing many
things.

Try rpm -q --filesbypkg kbd to get a list of files in the package.  The
/bin/ and /usr/bin/ files are the utilities.  man the ones that sound
interesting to you.

Sorry if this gets to the list twice.

Bob...