Confession of error...

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Mon Apr 30 01:13:28 UTC 2007

At 5:52 PM -0700 4/29/07, David L. Gehrt wrote:
>Because I had  some difficulty with the full install of  Core 6 the question
>is what  is the likelihood of a  successful upgrade straight from  Core 3 to
>Core 6.   So far it  isn't looking that  good.  I booted  up the Core  6 DVD
>started an  upgrade and things  stopped at the checking  dependencies point.
>There was no appearance of the progress bar, after 30 minutes, nor did there
>seem to be any activity on he DVD drive.

I'm running FC6 on an Athlon 1.2 GHz, but I did an upgrade from FC5.

30 minutes may not be enough.  You could try waiting longer, or doing a
smaller install, followed by yum'ing the package groups you need.  (After
install, do "yum update yum", then "yum update", then "yum grouplist", then
"yum groupinstall <available groups you want>".)

How much memory is in the machine?  I have 512 MB.  If you have less than
256 MB, be sure to do a text install.