Confession of error...

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 05:30:24 UTC 2007

On 4/29/07, Tony Nelson <tonynelson at georgeanelson.com> wrote:
> (After
> install, do "yum update yum", then "yum update", then "yum grouplist", then
> "yum groupinstall <available groups you want>".)

Don't upgrade yum separately first. While it may seem like a good
strategy, I got burned by doing so in this exact situation. The yum
got updated but the various python libs it depened on did not. This
left a non runnable yum and a dependency hell to sort out manually.

Reduce your package count as much as possible and upgrade all at once.

/Mike