Dept of Utterly Useless Error Messages

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 30 06:57:45 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-29 at 23:54 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> When I run xpdf I get the message
> "Warning: Attempt to remove nonexistent passive grab".
>
> Developers who introduce warning messages like this
> should be sentenced to read the complete works of Kim Jong Il.

Hmm, I've seen ones that say "an error has occured, because an error has
occurred."  I think that was on a Mac.

Somewhere I have a screen grab of a useless pop-up error message on
Linux.  There's a box with an alert icon and an okay button.  But
there's no clue as to what program generated the error, nor what the
error is.  The only text it has is the okay button.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.