sendmail.org

dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Mon Apr 30 10:45:36 UTC 2007

> Quoting Mr. Greshko:
> Well, since the messages relate to "imap" one can easily eliminate sendmail.

Yes Im quite aware of that.  However I still would like to know where
the sendmail.org mailing list got to.

> I don't used horde or imp, yet you may want to post your xinted.conf for
> others to take a peek at and you may want to check with the horde and imp
> folks.  Also, is there only one IP address showing this?  What do you get
> when you type "host 204.111.40.3"?  Could be that the logging is trying to
> do a reverse lookup of the IP and it is failing.

I have sent an email to the horde folks.  204.111.40.3 is the
mailserver (localhost) doing a host 204.111.40.3 returns
mail.harrisonburg.k12.va.us.  Xinetd.conf:

# Define general logging characteristics.
         log_type        = SYSLOG daemon info
         log_on_failure  = HOST
         log_on_success  = PID HOST DURATION EXIT
##this is default       cps             = 50 10
         cps             = 75 10
         instances       = 60
         per_source      = 10
#       passenv         =
         groups          = yes
         umask           = 002

# Generally, banners are not used. This sets up their global defaults
#
#       banner          =
#       banner_fail     =
#       banner_success  =
}

includedir /etc/xinetd.d

Yes, I have sent an email to the horde folks.  You may have something
with the DNS stuff though.  I'll look at my localhost files.  Horde is
running on this box.

--
Dwayne Hottinger
Network Administrator