FC7 on Dell Inspiron 530 (Intel G33/ICH9 SATA).

js fedoraforum at thesnodgrass.com
Wed Aug 1 00:41:28 UTC 2007

I am unable to install FC7 on a brand new Dell Inspiron 530.  It came
with Ubuntu pre-installed, and I'm trying to wipe/replace with Fedora.

The Install DVD boots fine, then hangs on a "Loading SCSI Driver" window
with the following message: "Loading ata_piix driver..."

After about 5 minutes of stalling on this, I'm asked to choose a
language and keyboard type.  I then choose "Local CDROM" as the
Installation Method and am presented with a "No driver found" message
with an option to select a driver or use a driver disk.

Also if I select FTP or HTTP for Installation Method, that too fails
with a "No Driver found" message and I'm asked to choose a driver for my
network card.

System specs:
Intel Pentium dual-core processor E2140 (1MB L2,1.60GHz,800 FSB)
512MB Single Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 1DIMM
128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8300GS
160GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache
48X CD-RW/ DVD Combo Drive

It's an Intel G33 Chipset w/ ICH9 SATA Controller.

I am able to successfully boot into the FC7 Live CD just fine.

How can I get FC7 onto this Inspiron?  Much thanks in advance!

-j