FC7 yum upgrade

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Wed Aug 1 13:34:57 UTC 2007

Catalin Bucur wrote:

>> Just curious, would "root (hd0,1)/boot" work?
>
> No luck :-)

Might I suggest (again) using grub interactively
(type "E" when the grub prompt appears).
It is a PITA, I agree, but I've found it very useful
in sorting out the sort of problem you have,
as it tells you if it can't find a partition,
and has quite a good "completion" help with TAB.

grub> root (hd0,1)

grub> kernel boot/vmlinuz-<tab>

grub> initrd boot/initrd...

etc
[Note that if you don't have a separate /boot partition
you will have to say boot/vmlinuz... (or is it /boot/vmlinuz...)]

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366