intel DQ965GF and nVidia PCI woes

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Wed Aug 1 15:25:52 UTC 2007

michael wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 15:26 +0100, Ian Malone wrote:
>
> I'm pretty sure it will take an ext graphics card. It is indeed for
> dual-head that I wish to use this card (I've used it and 'nv' (under
> Debian) in the past.
>
> Runlevel 3 hangs... does some ACPI, does some agpgart then hangs. Can't
> see an obvious error message
>

>> But which driver?  From the initial description it sounds like things
>> are going south well before X even starts up, and a graphics card this
>> old has worked fine under vesa, nv & nvidia X drivers for ages now.
>>

> yes, it's before we get to X. I'm wondering if its a detection of SATA and PCI issue...
>
> anybody out there got this mobo and used PCI okay or had to do workaround?
>
> thanks, Michael

The system boots fine with the onboard video, but not with the
nVidia card added, right? Will the system boot Linux from one of the
live CDs, or any other OS with the nVidia card installed? Even
though it should not happen, it could be the card is not compatible
with the motherboard. (Or you may need a BIOS update...) Remember,
there are more then one AGV "standard". (Different speeds, 1.5V and
3.3V cards, etc...)

Mikkel