F7 Kernel 2.6.22.1-33.fc7 USB stick

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Wed Aug 1 16:07:26 UTC 2007

At 2:57 PM +0100 8/1/07, Chris Jones wrote:
>> As far as I can judge from my reading of newsgroups and mailing lists,
>> CentOS is neither more nor less reliable than Fedora.
>
>I run Fedora on my home system, but uses Scientific Linux (RHEL clone)
>at work, and can tell you for a *fact* Scientific Linux is much more
>stable than Fedora. It simply doesn't get major package updates. All
>that are pushed out are important security updates when needed.

I'm not disagreeing with you about Scientific Linux, which I haven't used,
but CentOS 4 recently had a very large major upgrade from 4.4 to 4.5, which
I, as a new CentOS user hoping for the non-upgrade kind of stability, found
rather upsetting.  I was told that CentOS just follows RedHat, which had
just done that to RHEL 4.  Is Scientific Linux different?