evolution paper size

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Wed Aug 1 16:21:19 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 08:11 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 16:11 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > Have an issue with newly installed F7 and evolution with a cups print
> > server for the network.
> >
> > Nowhere in evolution can you choose page size when you print - as far as
> > I can tell.
> >
> > It appears the default page size is A4 and that setting is somewhere in
> > the bowels of GNOME and I cannot figure out how to switch it to US
> > Letter.
> >
> > Anyone want to toss me a bone...it would seem to be a simple thing but I
> > have 30 minutes chasing my tail around and I can't figure out how to get
> > at something like this - even with the most crude gconftool-2
> >
> I have noticed somewhat the same thing. I would think this could be
> changed by the lpoptions command.
----
No suggestion in the bugzilla reference from deerfieldtech that
lpoptions would alter this behavior - and no efforts on my part
disproved that. It's obvious that this was a hard coded problem upstream
and apparently that have put out a fix which hopefully is adopted soon
on Fedora 7.

I am rather surprised by the lack of discussion on this here...which
suggests some or many of the following:
- few people using US sized paper are using Evolution
- few people using GNOME on Fedora 7 (KDE no longer defaults to
  using Evolution)
- few people print from Evolution
- few people using Fedora 7

--