Get message "Nothing to do" when yum installing kernel-2.6.22.1-33.fc7

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 17:50:10 UTC 2007

On 8/1/07, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 09:19 -0700, Kam Leo wrote:
> > 2) Select a more responsive [in terms of syncing]
> > mirror. [One can use the fastestmirror plugin
>
> Does the fastest mirror plugin also check for updatedness?  I hadn't
> heard that, before.

You, of course, would read my reply out of context. I do not recommend
using the fastestmirror plugin.  I recommended using a fast mirror.

This is a generality, YMMV: My experience is that the faster mirrors;
that is, those with high bandwidth, tend to have more resources
available and, thus, sync to the Fedora servers on a dependable
schedule. Find a fast mirror that does not lag too far from the main
Fedora servers and you can be assured that eventually your system will
able to get released updates.

One distro, was it SUSE?,  had the sync schedule of their mirrors. It
would be really nice if Fedora mirrors provided that data, too.