FC7 yum upgrade

Catalin Bucur cata at geniusnet.ro
Wed Aug 1 19:49:01 UTC 2007

Catalin Bucur wrote:
> Andy Green wrote:
>>
>> Just comparing it to my grub.conf, I have root=LABEL=/ here, since your
>> problems are coming from the initial root device I wonder if you should
>> try to relabel "Cata" as "/" and adjust grub.conf accordingly, in case
>> it has a special meaning... doesn't sound likely but it is a difference
>> in the right area for the symptom.
>
> I was thinking seriously that could be a simple thing, but it should
> somebody else open me eyes because I'm stuck right now.
> Later, I'll try to relabel / partition and I'll keep you in touch.

This problem is driving me crazy. After re-labeling root partition with
"/" everything came back to normal. What I've done:

  * e2label /dev/sda2 /
  * replaced "Cata" with "/" in /etc/fstab and /etc/grub.conf
  * rebuild /boot/initrd[...] with mkinitrd

The system boots normally now.

Thank all of you for your help,
Catalin Bucur      mailto:cata at geniusnet.ro
NOC @ Genius Network SRL - Galati - Romania