SQUID Caching Problem

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Wed Aug 1 22:12:41 UTC 2007

I have pretty much a plain vanilla SQUID setup on F7. It refuses to
update its cache.

I have just updated several pages on my home page. Browsers that do
not use SQUID get the new pages. Firefox uses SQUID, and gets the old
pages. If I set Firefox to bypass SQUID and refresh, I get the new
material. If I then set Firefox to use SQUID and refresh, I then get
the old page.

Differences from the default (squid.conf.rpmnew) are:

  dns_defnames on
  visible_hostname charlesc

  An ACL definition and an allow statement for that, which have worked
  for several years.

Commenting out the first two and restarting SQUID makes no difference
in this problem.

[root at charlesc etc]# pre squid
squid-2.6.STABLE13-1.fc7