Back Again

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Wed Aug 1 22:25:08 UTC 2007

Timothy Murphy writes:

> Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>
>> I don't know if you've ever upgraded Fedora from one release to the next.
>
> I have. Many times.
>
>> The upgrade process is as slow as molasses, even though all the metadata
>> is right there.
>
> Does this matter?
> There is no law saying you have to sit and watch it.

What if you have a dozen servers to upgrade?

This gets old very quickly.

And just because you have to do this a few times a year does not mean that
you should not make it an efficient process.

> I'm actually more worried that Fedora is getting too complicated,
> with far too little thought given to simplification and organization.

Exactly. By simplifying the way things get done, you're going to cut out a
lot of crap and make the whole process run faster and smoother.