F7 Kernel 2.6.22.1-41.fc7 USB stick

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 23:11:41 UTC 2007

This would have also been my philosophy.  But someone has to do the hard job!  Even though I am at home and on dialup,  I update the kernels at least on both FC6 and Fedora 7 computers.  I currently have 5 machines running.  When something seems wrong, I try to report it, when and if others have not reported it before.  The good thing is that others have beaten me to it :) and little by little unless bugs are major showstoppers, things get fixed and everyone can go on with their computing lives.

This is what I like about Fedora, they release newer kernels more update than other distros.

Currently on the newer Fedora kernels 2.6.22.1-27.fc7 and 2.6.22.1-33.fc7, I cannot connect to the internet with martian modem (Agere Modem).  Compilation of martian code succeeds, but wvdial bails out.  Trying with KPPP does not help either :(.  I cannot blame the kernels though nor the code as I cannot pinpoint where the flaw(s) is/are.

http://martian.barrelsoutofbond.org/

The other winmodem I use on Fedora works without problems:).  Cannot complain.

The other one that is constant for me is the SLAX live CD.  It runs off live CD mode/RAM and I do not have to update it.  When I shutdown, I lose everything.  When I reboot, it configures everything back and sets me up again.  I need no updates no one will bother me.  If I want to report errors, I go to forum and post there.

Regards,

Antonio