Prevent /u from showing up on users desktops in F7

Darryl fedora at idealgroup.com
Thu Aug 2 05:27:42 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
  > No doubt you'll find the right keywords to search for, moments before
> someone posts the answer.  ;-)  That's the way things work.  I think KDE
> had something in their control panel, Gnome's is more obscure, though I
> do recall reading something about it in the past.  I just can't recall
> what.

I have been Googling & poking through /etc but haven't stumbled on the
answer yet. Usually these types of things are easy enough to find a
solution to but this has me stymied. What is even more troublesome is
that a regular user can't just delete those icons off their desktop
since they are told they need to "Unmount Volume" first. Again, not
something I want :-/

>> Ok. Blank other than what icons the user or I decide to put on it or
>> just blank and no hope of a clickable icon?
>
> I can't recall for certain, I think you'll have to try that out, but I
> think it was a genuinely blank desktop, with just a coloured backdrop.

I tried stopping it this afternoon and it takes out the whole desktop  -
clickable icons and all so that isn't gonna fly ;-)

Thanks for the pointers.