Strange grub behavior w/new 2.6.22.1-41 kernel

Frank Elsner Frank.Elsner at TU-Berlin.DE
Thu Aug 2 07:40:30 UTC 2007

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 18:55:01 +0200 Casey Stamper wrote:
> I got home today and updated my laptop w/the latest kernel and other
> updates. When I rebooted, grub automtically went back to the previous
> kernel. I had to manually choose the new one. It's easy enough to fix in
> menu.lst but I thought the default behaviour was to make the latest kernel
> the default.

You can tune this within file /etc/sysconfig/kernel

Mine reads

# UPDATEDEFAULT specifies if new-kernel-pkg should make
# new kernels the default
UPDATEDEFAULT=yes

# DEFAULTKERNEL specifies the default kernel package type
DEFAULTKERNEL=kernel

--Frank Elsner