Gmfsk now works!

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Aug 2 21:03:12 UTC 2007

	I used Nigles idea and I read the man pages for the wrapper aoss which
takes care of the strange problem I had with /dev/dsp being busy. I had
to yum the software in and then I start the thing like this:

$ aoss gmfsk

and that brings up gmfsk much faster than without the wrapper. I got it
all set up and wrote messages between Texas and here in New Mexico over
the 20 meter Ham Radio band. So it is working well again on F7.

I need to figure out why oass is making it work. Here is part of man aoss:

   aoss is a simple wrapper script which facilitates the use of  the  ALSA
        OSS compatibility library. It just sets the appropriate
LD_PRELOAD path
        and then runs the command.

        This is useful in cases where routing settings (which can  be
made  in
        your  .asoundrc  file)  need to be applied to commands that use
the OSS
        API.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI