32 or 64 bit

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Aug 3 15:09:47 UTC 2007

roland wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for asking this question on this forum, but on the forum of
> K12ltsp nobody answers, and this is a general question.
>
> I have a server with 2 x Xeon dual core processors.I installed Centos
> el5 x86_64, then vmware server and now I like to install K12ltsp. On the
> download page from k12ltsp I have a choice of fedora 32 or 64 bit. What
> do I choose?
>
> On the Fedora site I find x86_64 but not on K12ltsp. Do they mean by 64
> => X86_64?
>
> Thanks and again sorry

	On all the late Fedora versions you have a choice of 32 or 64 bit
packages. If your CPU can work with 64 bit words your going to want to
use the 64 bit Fedora for a server. This is because storing on a hard
drive in 64 bit words is very much faster than doing it with 32 bit words.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User