F7 Kernel 2.6.22.1-33.fc7 - amazing statements

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 3 16:33:12 UTC 2007

Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I don't know of any Fedora application that works
> with Fedora kernel 2.6.x.y-n
> that does not work equally well with vanilla kernel 2.6.x.y .
> That is what I mean by orthogonal.

There have been some examples in the past seen in bugzilla. These are
treated as bugs and fixed.

> It used to be much more difficult than it is today,
> because Torvalds and team have cleaned things up
> and organized them better.
> In my view the Fedora developers could learn a lesson from this.
> Fedora is becoming much too spaghetti-like.

That's amusing since "Torvalds and team" includes Fedora developers. Red
Hat is the largest commercial contributor to the Linux kernel. Do you
have bug reports on what you consider "sphagetti-like".

Rahul