ftp slow w/ proftpd# Samba fast

Excalibur Xcalibur excalibur.xcalibur at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 18:02:47 UTC 2007

Please read below:

On 8/4/07, Tony Nelson <tonynelson at georgeanelson.com> wrote:

> Top posting corrected.
>
> If Proftpd works for me and many others but you can't get it to work, then
> the smart money is on your not knowing what you're doing, rather than
> Proftpd being "a piece of sh*t".
> --

vsftpd works for me and others. If it works for you, then GOOD FOR YOU!

Well you come on this list and instead of saying something useful in
relation to the problem, you talk crackpot. If you think you know very well
what you're doing Dr. Genius, why don't you start by helping me out instead
of saying "You're doomed"? I've been installing redhat since version 5.1 for
your information and I'm holding an RHCE.

At least other people offered more constructive suggestions. If you don't
know what to say, then just shut up and crawl back into your hole. I hate
people like you who shows up on the list and says " Works for me! You're
damn freakin' stupid and we can't fix that, Sorry...". Well I met a lot of
morons like that.

It's a USERS HELP list and it means that you come here to ask for help and
receive help. So unless you have something better to say in relation to
troubleshooting problems, please refrain from talking. At least I saved
others the trouble to go and dig into proftpd, it ain't  worth it. If it's
worth it, prove it to me or else.. well you know it by now.

--
Peter "Excalibur"