RFE: how to file

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 5 16:57:34 UTC 2007

--- Alan Cox <alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 09:45:41 -0700 (PDT)
> Globe Trotter <itsme_410 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I am thinking of filing an RFE for a Fedora with a lightweight desktop
> > environment. How does one do this? Bugzilla asks for a specific component
> so
> > this seems a little out of place there.
>
> "distribution" ?
>
> We actually have several in FC7 (xfce for example)
>
> --

Hi,

I am aware that xfce exists for F7 and before. I guess one thing I have been
uncomfortable with is the fact that we can not seem to get xfce (or some other
related DE) without all the gnome already being installed by default. Hence, I
wanted to request a distribution with a lightweight DE. Sort of similar to
xubuntu vis-a-vis ubuntu (and kubuntu) which is lightyears ahead of the last
two. Fedora would also have the same speedup for those who care, and worry
about bloat.

Many thanks and best wishes,
Trotter