RFE: how to file

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 5 18:02:44 UTC 2007

--- Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Globe Trotter wrote:
>

> > I am aware that xfce exists for F7 and before. I guess one thing I have
> been
> > uncomfortable with is the fact that we can not seem to get xfce (or some
> other
> > related DE) without all the gnome already being installed by default.
> Hence, I
> > wanted to request a distribution with a lightweight DE. Sort of similar to
> > xubuntu vis-a-vis ubuntu (and kubuntu) which is lightyears ahead of the
> last
> > two. Fedora would also have the same speedup for those who care, and worry
> > about bloat.
>
> How about leading the effort for such a spin? Talk to the XFCE
> maintainer and help write a kickstart file. The kickstart file can be
> used to create Live images and you get a XFCE based Fedora spin. Not too
> much effort.

If this is going to be the attitude of Fedora/Redhat, then the devil save
Redhat. Requesting an enhancement means having to actually lead the effort?
What happened to community support? Besides, why do KDE/Gnome users get it "for
free" in that case? Everyone should be forced to get their own spins, and F
should just stand and watch (?)ubuntu walk away with everything. It is the
largest distribution around anyway, given that it has the largest user
downloads of all the rest of them combined.

Rahul Sundaram is the very antithesis of opensource. In an earlier post,
following the ESR saga, he suggested that people who file complaints should
stop using Fedora. It is hoped that he would go work for MS. Maybe he already
does so, and his task is to drive people away from Fedora?

RFE is exactly what it says it should be: a request for enhancement. No one is
demanding anything, just requesting an enhancement. If you can't accede to
acknowledging a request, just stop collecting your fat paycheck from RH or stop
calling yourself opensource and crawl back to MS.

Trotter