RFE: how to file

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 5 18:15:55 UTC 2007

Globe Trotter wrote:

> If this is going to be the attitude of Fedora/Redhat, then the devil save
> Redhat. Requesting an enhancement means having to actually lead the effort?
> What happened to community support? Besides, why do KDE/Gnome users get it "for
> free" in that case?

... because someone stepped up to do the effort and everybody else get
it for free. You do the effort and everybody else will get it for free.
That's way the community works.

> Rahul Sundaram is the very antithesis of opensource. In an earlier post,
> following the ESR saga, he suggested that people who file complaints should
> stop using Fedora. It is hoped that he would go work for MS. Maybe he already
> does so, and his task is to drive people away from Fedora?

How is asking people interested in something to lead a particular effort
themselves antithesis of open source? Quite the opposite in fact. I
never said that people who complain should stop using Fedora. Please
don't put words in my mouth.

> RFE is exactly what it says it should be: a request for enhancement. No one is
> demanding anything, just requesting an enhancement. If you can't accede to
> acknowledging a request, just stop collecting your fat paycheck from RH or stop
> calling yourself opensource and crawl back to MS.

Bugzilla RFE's are more suitable for a specific package. General changes
are probably better discussed in a mailing list like fedora-devel rather
than bugzilla. Btw Red Hat doesn't pay me anything to work on Fedora. My
day job is entirely different.

Rahul

Rahul