ready to give up Linux

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Mon Aug 6 16:45:56 UTC 2007

> automatically, the wireless network (iwl3945) has been a disaster, and
> Gnome seems to get worse and worse.
>
> I would think this is the normal state of Linux, I suppose, except
> that last month I bought a Nokia N800 internet tablet that runs on a
> small version of Debian linux.  Guess what?  Everywhere I go, the
> wireless connects effortlessly.

Well it's quite nice to be paid to work on one platform with one
controlled distro, the hardware vendors actually answer emails, there is
a testing regime... it's a bit different to the $RANDOM_PC and Fedora.

What are your problems with iwl3945 though, it works quite well for me
in the case where it is only expected to work with one WPA network.

-Andy