If you can't beat 'em, join 'em [was: Backup using rsync]

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Aug 7 07:44:44 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen blogged us with:
>> In my FC4 things I found the file rsync that I used to back up my
>> whole computer things. I have a 8.7 Gbyte hard drive in a $20 dollar
>> plastic holder which has a power supply and a USB plug that my current F7
>> will put at /media/disk/. I worried it was too small. So I used the old #
>> du -c -h /file and I learned that I have:

Steve Searle contributed:
> I had eggs for breakfast, and I am waiting to see if they work with my
> digestive system, or if its broken.

I just bought another keyboard today, it's quite nice, though I'm
feeling a built guilty that it's a Microsoft one...

But seriously Karl -- waggles eyebrows -- hold off a moment before
posting.  If you'd wrote about something difficult, and solved it, or
not solved it, that's the sort of posting that fits in with the mailing
list.  But the "I'm going to try something" message is just premature.

As I said before, try and find a user group (meetings with fellow Linux
users where you bring along your boxes and/or talk about what you do
with them).  I think you'll enjoy it.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.1-41.fc7 i686 i386