Turion 64, which Fedora

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 7 18:26:16 UTC 2007

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007, Martin Marques wrote:

> I just got a Compaq presario F505 with AMD Turion 64. Should I use
> the x86_64 version of Fedora, or is that version especially for
> intel?
>
> Also, if the 64 bit version is what I should use, will I have
> problems with the nvidia driver or the flash plugin?

i actually have a carload of identical AMD turion 64-based gateway
laptops, and i teach off of them using the regular, i386, 32-bit
version of F7, just because i'm slightly paranoid.

but i've installed the 64-bit version as well, and it seems to run
nicely, although i can't say i've given it a real pounding.

rday
Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

http://fsdev.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page