Cups

Richard England rlengland at verizon.net
Wed Aug 8 00:39:47 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:
>     I have learned a lot today and it is all bad. Let us assume the
> udev update I got is what ruined my printing. The obvious thing to do
> is delete the update. But you can not do that.
>
>     The update becomes part of the whole file for udev. This you can't
> just remove because it is used by the whole computer!
>
>     So I think I need to get out my DVD and look for the old udev rpm
> and force it to replace the updated one.
>
>     If that doesn't work do the same thing to the others. A whole lot
> of work. Maybe easier to just reload f7?

I have an HP Deskjet 722C connected to an F7 machine through the
parallel port and I'm using the most recent udev update. I would not
suspect udev yet.

  I Have  hpijs-1.7.4a-4.fc7 and hplip-1.7.4a-4.fc7  installed so that
may help in identifying the type of printer (I'm a neophyte with
printers) and the printer shows up in the CUPS web interface with a URI
of   hp:/par/DESKJET_720c?device=/dev/parport0