I hate update!

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 8 04:19:12 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 13:46 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> I am back on f7 and the web cups looks good BUT! It also has no
> application to a parallel cable. I think the new update replaced the
> parallel cable with some HP specific things!

Hmm, I can confirm that the CUPS printer setup seems to have missed out
the parallel port.  My set up is still working, but I just went through
the motions of adding a new printer, the choices were:

AppSocket/HP JetDirect
Backend Error Handler
Hal printing backend
Internet Printing Protocol (http)
Internet Printing Protocol (ipp)
LPD/LPR Host or Printer
SCSI Printer
Serial Port #1
Windows Printer via SAMBA

I think someone made a goof with the CUPS HTML pages.  This is your
thread, Karl, the honour is yours to make the bugzilla entry (the CUPS
HTTP interface doesn't include the parallel port when adding a new
printer).

Here it's cups-1.2.12-1.fc7

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr