Cups

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 8 11:01:48 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 14:42 -0700, Alan M. Evans wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 15:20 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> >       I have learned a lot today and it is all bad. Let us assume
> the udev
> > update I got is what ruined my printing. The obvious thing to do is
> > delete the update. But you can not do that.
>
> No. The obvious thing to do is to roll back to an old udev. You would
> do
> this by grabbing an old version rpm then replace the new (updated)
> package with the old one.

Ok, I'll bite. People keep talking about downgrading a yum install. I
have never seen how to do this? The old yum rpm is no longer in the
database that I can find.

In any case it is not a udev problem. The updated cups does not support
parallel printers. Is that not a bug?

Youth is a disease from which we all recover. -- Dorothy Fuldheim
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net