Strange things going on

Andrew Kelly akelly at corisweb.org
Wed Aug 8 15:10:22 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 10:53 -0400, Claude Jones wrote:
> On Wednesday August 8 2007 9:11:44 am Casey Stamper wrote:
> > I, for one, find that it doesn't irritate me at all - just a
> > bit funny. Maybe it's because I haven't been lurking all that
> > long...
>
> yes...there's much more noise being generated by infantile
> hissy-fits about those posts

And hissy-fits about the hissy-fits, don't forget those.

> I've got thirteen years to go to catch up to Karl - I hope I
> retain the zest for life he's got over that time -- and so far
> as I'm concerned eccentricity is GOOD --

Then dress up like Liberace and take your dog out for some ball room
dancing.
Certainly you're not equating blind self-involvement and rude behaviour
with zest for life!

> all the belly achers should form a beer-club with Erich

I understand your point, Claude, and quite accept its validity (although
you certainly don't need anybody's acceptance). But perhaps you could
let some of us have valid points as well. Many of us do this junk for a
living, and have a great number of lists we subscribe and read daily to
stay abreast of our professions. Some things just get tedious, as I'm
certain you'll agree. And when requests are made ad nauseum, and
completely disregarded time and again, well, you can imagine. In this
medium all we have is what we type. In a physical, social environment,
punches would have been thrown long ago.

Regardless of how /you/ want to perceive things, Claude, there is a
certain decorum in "places like this" and there is absolutely nothing
wrong with trying to get participants to respect and follow it.

Andy