Strange things going on

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Aug 8 17:12:07 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:
>     The early work is going on with Fedora 8 while we on Fedora 7 do not
> have the stocking software for a Palm PDA working, all new yummed
> kernels make it impossible to use automount of USB devices and yummed
> cups will break your printing if your using a parallel port.
>
>     So Fedora 8 is gearing up with Fedora 7 still broken. This seem's to
> me as a really stupid way to run a railroad.

I partly agree but Fedora has followed this plan since the beginning.
As many will say, if you want stability, move to Centos or something
else.  I have heard this debate for ages and with almost all FC releases.

As for my problems, I see that Ubuntu users are having the same issues.
  Also F7 is different than FC6 in many ways.  I use both and I find FC6
much more stable than F7 but F7 has features that are not in FC6.  Which
way to go?

I will not install F7 on my laptop until I know that the 3D video is
working as it is needed.  I read today that it looks like the video will
work better in F8 with CFS with the binary drivers.  :)

--
Due to the move to Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.