Cups

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Wed Aug 8 20:26:03 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 08:13 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> However, even though I have no parport support in this 2.6.23-rc2
>> kernel, I see that udev has indeed setup a list of them.
>
> Though did it have a lp device, as well?  Mine had parport devices, but
> no lp device.
>
> Going in the other direction, after being told that CUPS only gives you
> a listing of ports that you could make use of:   Why does mine list
> SCSI, when I have no SCSI hardware?

If you are running F7, then you do have SCSI hardware. This is
because IDE drives are not handled as SCSI drives. In both FC6 and
F7, if you have SATA drives, then they are also considered SCSI
drives. Then you have the USB storage devices that are also SCSI
devices. I did notice that if I run "modprobe lp", I get the lp
devices, and then CUPS will list the parallel port as an option.

Mikkel