F6C800-UNV Belkin UPS?

Garry T. Williams gtwilliams at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 22:09:17 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 08 August 2007 13:22:28 Bob Goodwin wrote:
> I have a Belkin UPS for which they provide Linux control and monitoring
> software.
>
> I think I recall that Fedora Linux also had an application to interface
> with a UPS?
>
> I am curious to try this device and need to know if anyone has
> experience with it, and if it's safe to install the software they
> provide or if there is already something else I can use.

I use apsupsd (apcupsd-3.14.1-2.fc7) with an APC device.  Their Web
page (http://www.apcupsd.org/) claims the daemon works with others.
Their posted documentation claims that the F5U109/F5U409 (serial
interface) works with this daemon.  It's possible that apsupsd
supports your model.

The worst that could happen, from what I know of the apsupsd design,
is that it simply won't work with your device but not cause problems.
It's probably the case that the Belkin-supplied daemon/driver is
similar.  Go for it.

--
Garry T. Williams --- +1 678 656-4579