F7 software RAID docs?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Aug 9 04:19:33 UTC 2007

On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 21:42:01 -0700,
  Dave Stevens <geek at uniserve.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm thinking about a software RAID (0)  setup for my next system revision and
> am curious where this occurs in (I assume) the system setup. Can anyone point
> me to documentation on this?

You can do a custom disk layout during install. It isn't too hard to figure
out do a raid 0 install, though choosing good values for chunking might
take some guesswork.

What are you going to be doing that makes you think raid 0 is desirable?
For modern home machines with lots of memory, this probably isn't going to
give you much of a speed up in typical use. It will make the chances of your
file system being lost because of a hardware problem, about double. Raid 1
or 10 seem to be more useful for home users, than raid 0.