It it now a leap year?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Aug 9 06:44:51 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 23:33 +0100, Angus MacGyver wrote:
> You might not worry, but banks and money lenders, especially ones
> dealing in mortgages which typically run for 25-30 years will need to
> have a solution fairly soon.....

Exactly the sort of thing I was thinking about.  I wonder how they
manage all the changes in technology that occur while they still need to
keep on using the same client data.  It's no wonder some places kept
using mainframes from twenty years past, that and their reliability.

Reminds me of the recent conversation I had with a friend about the scam
of bank account keeping fees.  These days they don't have scores of
people manually working through their files (for which they didn't used
to charge you fees), now they have an automated system that does it in a
blink of an eye (and they charge huges fees).

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.1-41.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.