Cups works - What about UDEV? (Both USB and LPT printer problems)

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Aug 10 02:15:06 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:

>    It was the new update udev that solved all the problems with the new
> kernels. I know your working with f8 and when you get the new udev your
> systems should all work.
>
>    It was the problem that udev and the kernel are so close that the
> kernel got ahead of udev :-)

It was strange that Rawhide was not broken relating to udev but Fedora 7
was broken. The file responsible for the F7 problems contained the
correct entries and probably worked fine. (Version udev-113-8.fc8)

It is good that it was fixed, regardless as to which Fedora version had
the problem.

Jim
--
Nobody said computers were going to be polite.