update kernel, now cannot connect to postfix

Javier Perez pepebuho at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 06:15:02 UTC 2007

On 8/9/07, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> Javier Perez wrote:
>

> > [root at bloody ~]# netstat -ap |grep -i smtp
> > tcp        0      0 *:smtps                     *:*
> >      LISTEN      5451/master
> > tcp        0      0 *:smtp                      *:*
>
> Well, this does indicate that smtp and smtps are listening on all
> interfaces.  So, the fact that you are getting "connection refused"
> outside
> of the box but can connect inside of the box does indicate that even
> though
> you think your iptables firewall is off...it really isn't.  If you have
> logging turned on for iptables you should see messages in the messages log
> on /var/log.
>
> Ed
>
> --

Well, I am going to hate to say this, but it seems like it is the kernel.
I was using 2.6.22.1-41.fc7 and now that I reset and started with the old
kernel, 2.6.22.1-33.fc7 everything is working fine.

Nevertheless, I would like to understand what is going on. I mean, I
disabled iptables and SELINUX because I did not want to be bothered by this
kind of stuff at my own home system.

How do I turn on logging for iptables if the whole iptables is supposed to
be off?

--
/\_/\
|O O|  pepebuho at pananet.com