udev

Claude Jones cjones at levitjames.com
Fri Aug 10 15:25:58 UTC 2007

On Thursday August 9 2007 9:11:20 pm Rick Stevens wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 19:42 -0400, Claude Jones wrote:
> > On Thursday August 9 2007 6:27:26 pm Rick Stevens wrote:
> > > Ok, I feel a flame war coming on this one.  Feel free to
> > > assault me. Don't expect responses.  I'm simply stating my
> > > position and I don't mean to insult anyone or cast
> > > aspersions on their ancestry.
> >
> > You're doing fine
> > Did you change jobs?
>
> No.  My title was changed from "Senior Systems Engineer" to
> "Principal Engineer" (whatever that means) when VitalStream
> was bought by Internap back in April.  What was VitalStream is
> now the CDN (Content Delivery Network) division of Internap,
> Inc.  We're still in the process of consolidating and
> consolidating things, thus all my old "VitalStream"isms are
> becoming "Internap"isms.
>
> As for me, my duties (headaches) expanded a bit.  I'm the
> primary Unix, storage systems and "all things weird" geek
> (meaning that if they don't grok it, it ends up on my desk)
> and my positioning in the corporate hierarchy moved a notch to
> the side, but that's about it.

In the studio here, I was tasked at one point to find an
alternative to Akamai, who presented all sorts of
patience-bending problems to us. I took a look at VitalStream
and presented them as an option, in part based on your
involvement and track-record on this list. We looked at several
providers, and were eventually given a good offer by Limelight,
and they satisfied several other criteria that were of concern
to the powers here who made the final decision. So we ended up
with them - so far, so good, from what I've heard

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA