Dumb curiosity question re new ASUS motherboard installation.

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Fri Aug 10 03:40:13 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-10 at 11:28 -0400, Arch Willingham wrote:
> I am almost positive I used that same exact motherboard with FC7. It
> worked like a charm. I just stuck the FC7 boot disk in, fired it and
> it all installed fine (using Sata disks) - I have an NFS directory on
> another FC7 server that contains the whole DVD image. I did not do
> anything funky. In my case, the CD's are good for making more junk in
> the local landfill.
>
> Arch

Thanks Arch;

Well I have two IDE harddisks with my OSes and Data that couldn't be
located.  mkinitrd fixed it for F7.  No big deal.  But my curiosity
question stands.  Even if the CD's are not required for my specific new
motherboard; they might be for other setups -- so, how does that
translate for a non-dual boot or single Linux system?

--
Regards Bill