Fedora 6 on Stand alone system

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Aug 11 07:58:09 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-10 at 21:39 +0200, Robert McBroom (TNWestTex) wrote:
> I see the usage of 'localinstall/localupdate' in a commandline but
> nothing about entries for yum.conf.  Would it be
> Quote:
> localinstall=1
> localupdate=1

Why would you try that?  If you have a local repo of files, they'll be
used, locally, simply because that's their address (a local one, instead
of a remote one).  "yum install whatever" or "yum update whatever" will
use your configured repos to sort it out.  Of course, the network will
still be used for things that aren't local (e.g. local core and mirrored
updates repos, but a remote livna one, for example).

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.1-41.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.