Producing pdf files with copyable text

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 00:57:01 UTC 2007

On 8/12/07, Paul Smith <phhs80 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I just print to a file as ps and then I use ps2pdf. I have just tried
> > > this method with a OOo document written with Times New Roman, but
> > > again the resulting pdf is bitmapped. The problem maybe located in the
> > > way Linux produces the ps file and not in ps2pdf.

> > > Firefox and Opera.
> >
> >  Try to use Konqueror.  It has a Print to PDF option.
> >
> > Is that PDF text's copyable?
>
> Unfortunately, Antonio, I cannot use the option "print to pdf" of
> Konqueror, as I always get and error with it. I do not know what is
> the cause of the error though.

The error is:

"A print error occurred. Error message received from system:

gs -q -dSAFER -dPARANOIDSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pdfwrite
-sOutputFile=$out{/home/paulus/Desktop/print.pdf} -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -c
.setpdfwrite -f '/usr/share/doc/HTML/index.html' : execution failed
with message:
ERROR: /syntaxerror in -file Operand stack: Execution stack:
%interp_exit .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval--
2 %stop ed_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- false
1 %stopped_push 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3
%oparray_pop .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval--
2 % topped_push Dictionary stack: --dict:1123/1686(ro)(G)--
--dict:0/20(G)-- --dict:102/200(L)-- Current allocation mode is local
Current file position is 1 ESP Ghostscript 815.04: Unrecoverable
error, exit code 1"

Paul