Internet slow down related to the firewall

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sun Aug 12 14:56:32 UTC 2007

Les wrote:
>> On Fri, 2007-08-10 at 20:43 +1000, David Timms wrote:
>>> Les wrote:
Mind stating what your ISP says is the data rates they are supplying you
with on your plan ?

What are the sustained upload and download rates that are achievable
when the planets are aligned ;) ?

Have you tried the ISPs 10MB {or whatever} test file {many have one} ?

 >           inet6 addr: fe80::20c:f1ff:fe7f:2e13/64 Scope:Link
Guessing you don't really want ipv6 enabled, so why not see if adding
this makes a difference {requires restart}: /etc/modprobe.conf
install ipv6 /bin/true

 >           UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
Are you willing to try setting MTU 1492 - just for a giggle ?
It will really be worthwhile with the peer2peer you seem to be allowing
to connect.

DaveT.