webcam support on laptop

Endy endy at digitalgrotto.net
Mon Aug 13 04:36:32 UTC 2007

Bruce Byfield wrote:
> Can anyone direct me to any information about enabling a webcam that's
> built into a laptop?
>
> Specifically, I'm seeing if I can enable the webcam on an HP Pavilion
> dv2410ca on which I've installed Fedora 7. However, if anyone knows of
> any resources about any laptop webcams on any distribution, I'd be glad
> to know of them.
>
> The webcam is a Chicory 2.0 US.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions anyone can give.

Give the Generic Softwares Package for Camera Adapters package a shot.
Might want to check out the project's webpage for compatibility first,
and then grab the dkms-gspca package from freshrpms.net .  I have gotten
a built in webcam in a different HP to work perfectly with this
package.  Good luck.

-Endy