Has anyone ever made scanning work?

Arch Willingham arch at tuparks.com
Mon Aug 13 19:19:22 UTC 2007

I have made it work on about four FC7 machines (all were very different machines). I'll be honest, I did not do anything fancy. I just plugged in the scanner and fired up "Scanner tool" (in Gnome) and each worked. The scanners I used are: HP5610, and old HP ADF scanner (can't think of the name) and a third scanner called a Fujitsu SCANSNAP S500. All worked right out of the box.

Arch