webcam support on laptop

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Mon Aug 13 19:33:00 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-08-12 at 20:39 -0700, Bruce Byfield wrote:
> Can anyone direct me to any information about enabling a webcam that's
> built into a laptop?
>
> Specifically, I'm seeing if I can enable the webcam on an HP Pavilion
> dv2410ca on which I've installed Fedora 7. However, if anyone knows of
> any resources about any laptop webcams on any distribution, I'd be glad
> to know of them.
>
> The webcam is a Chicory 2.0 US.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions anyone can give.

I think you need the uvc-video driver (I did).  You can check out the
subversion source tree here:

http://developer.berlios.de/svn/?group_id=5681

Build and install.  Worked for me.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-      A day for firm decisions!!!   Well, then again, maybe not!    -