New Hard Drive

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Aug 13 23:17:13 UTC 2007

John Wendel wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>>    I discovered I can buy a new IDE 160 GB Western Digital Hard Drive
>> for $83.00 plus shipping. I would like to replace this old 160 GB
>> with a new one. What method would you suggest for putting all the
>> stuff on the old hard drive on this new one? It seems that dd could
>> do it but I wonder how fast it would be?
>>
>>    Any experience will be appreciated.
>>

> Do a little more shopping at newegg.com and save a few bucks
>
> Seagate 250 GB  $69 + free shipping
> Hitachi 250 GB  $59 + free shipping

    OK John you have me hooked. I had forgot newegg and they are the
best for parts. I will order from them.

    Now how to put this f7 on the new HD :-(    I have had no help at
all so I will do it as I have in the past. I use cp=copy and the
switches -av >> file and that allows me to just let the copy happen and
when over read file and see what happened 8-)

    I have done this more times than I needed to. Worked every time ;-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User