OFF-TOPIC: Fedora 7 already installed, can't install XP on empty partition [SOLVED]

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Tue Aug 14 00:28:34 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-13 at 16:36 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:25:16 -0700
> Rick Stevens <rstevens at internap.com> wrote:
>
> > Well, sort of.  Windows will ignore Linux--don't expect it to read or
> > even acknowledge the presence of Linux partitions.
>
> Actually, there is a ext2 driver for windows that can let you mount
> your ext2 and ext3 filesystems (but you don't get journaling on
> ext3). Seems to work well - I've used it when dual booting to get
> access to linux from windows (and ntfs-3g works the other way round).

Ah, yes, but is that ext2/ext3 driver from Microsoft?  I doubt it.

I've not really played with ntfs-3g yet.  I hear it works better than
the old ntfs module.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-     "Daddy, why doesn't this magnet pick up this floppy disk?"     -